Our year-round academic program is divided into two parts:
- 40 weeks of a 90/10 Spanish immersion academic framework where our beloved author, Dr. Alma Flor Ada’s curriculum comes alive within our daily lessons and our interactive activities; integrating the cultural aspects of Latino culture. (We follow the same school calendar as Woodbury Public School District, 833)
- 12 weeks of fun–filled activities provided in a thematic, summer camp structure. Our summer programming will integrate STEM activities with Spanish immersion language development. Students will be provided a high–quality learning experience where students can discover their passion, innovation, and brilliance, as well as begin to identify and solve real–world problems through both empathy and inquiry.
Each day is divided in the following way:
- Before School Care starting at 7:00 a.m.
- Spanish Immersion Program from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- After School Enrichment Program from 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Our Spanish Immersion Programs Include:
- Authentic and rigorous early Spanish literacy
- Early Pre-K, Pre-K, and Kindergarten state standards through a Spanish immersion framework
- Spanish culture, music, art, dance, and language
- STEM academics (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- On-site school nurse
- Summer programming
- Drop-and-go system
Our Before Care & After School Enrichment Program Include:
- Cultural cooking
- Cultural dance classes
- Robotics (STEM)
In addition to these highlights, our academy applies the 90/10 model to our childcare and education. 90 percent of the time our teachers speak Spanish, while 10 percent of the time they speak English. Learn more about our 90/10 model.